Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Marina and The Diamonds






Marina Lambrini Diamandis (dee-a-man-dee) born 10 October 1985, known as Marina and the Diamonds (sometimes stylised as Marina & the diamonds), is a half-Greek half-Welsh singer-songwriter. Her voice is tremulous and rich with vibrato, makes over-all of her songs sounds perfectly quirky. I love it.

Diamandis calls herself a "DIY musician"and describes her sound as an alternative to mainstream pop music. In an interview with ClashMusic Diamandis said that she does not come from a musical background and explained
“I probably have a bit of a different sound because I don’t really know what I’m doing”
Lyrically, she says her music analyzes people and that if she wasn't a musician, she would be a psychologist.

I'm not a Robot is one of my favorite song from her album. It has an eccentric pop-rock touch and crazy decoration of synthesizers, animal ­impersonations, shrieking, and some funny voices.
She is really are irresistible.



No comments: